Photo by Tierra Mallorca on Unsplash
When you make the decision to sell your home, there can be incredible emotions and stress involved. Following the right steps to sell your home will help guide you in the right direction to make your selling experience is as easy as possible.
Here are some helpful tips when you prepare to sell your home!
Staging is one of the best ways to add value to your home for very little money, so what should you focus on first?
- Decluttering! From counters to walls to floors, you want potential buyers to see the house, not your collectibles. Scrub everything from tile grout to window panes. Everywhere should sparkle!
- Don’t forget your home’s exterior. Rent a power washer for a few hours and give the house a good clean, and pick up any trash or clutter that may be around.
- Lighting has a huge effect on people. Add lamps to dark rooms and replace burnt out or low wattage light bulbs. Open blinds or curtains to let natural light shine in, as well as making your rooms appear larger!
- Make your home smell good! A smelly house is the first thing a potential buyer will notice. Scents can be a deal breaker, even subconsciously! Deep cleaning your home can make all the difference in that potential buyer's first impression. Using wax melts, scented candles, or even baking cookies before a showing can go a long way in promoting your home.
- Touch up your trim and door frames with a fresh coat of paint. This will help everything look like new!
- Door handles and light switches are a mecca for dirt. You are bound to find smudges and fingerprints everywhere! Clean these items especially in the grungiest areas like the bathroom or garage.
- Pantries sell homes! Make yours appear roomier by straightening the shelves, and organizing and grouping like items. Throw out expired food, clean the floor and clear anything stored on the floor. Wash down the shelves and repaint and line the shelves with fresh liner. Make your space appear as large as possible so the buyer envisions how much room they’ll have!
- Organize and get rid of extras - extra dishes, linens and clothes all make a space look smaller than it is. It will also help prospective buyers be able to picture what they can make of the space.
These are some of the best tips for selling your home, that's for sure. These tips can go a long way in helping you out.Posted by Bridge Dale on Tuesday, January 3rd, 2023 at 10:33am
Leave A Comment