Buying a home is one of the most complex and important transactions that most of us will ever undertake. As a homebuyer, you get to choose who will represent you throughout the process. When choosing to work with a real estate agent, you expect a professional who has experience in both the market and your preferred neighbourhood, as well as in the type of housing you are looking for.
But not all real estate agents are created equal, so there are factors you must consider when searching for the right agent for you.
Agency Representation (or fiduciary representation), simply means that the agent you hire is legally bound to represent your interests. When choosing a RE/MAX agent, you will be taken care of throughout your entire buying journey. Our agents are experienced negotiators, which is often a difficult part of any transaction. RE/MAX agents aim to get you the best price when buying.
At RE/MAX, our goal is to make your buying experience as stress-free as possible. Our agents believe in ongoing education and have access to the latest technology to find you your new home as quickly and comfortably as possible.
Tips for choosing the right real estate agent
- Do your research, and find someone you feel comfortable working with
- Ensure the person you select is someone you trust, who listens to you, and respects your views
- Make sure they are knowledgeable and know the current real estate market conditions, but aren’t too busy to give you due attention
- Don’t be afraid to ask the agent about their experience and past results
- Choose someone with a good reputation. At RE/MAX, client and agent referrals account for 70% of business
- Talk to family, friends, and colleagues who have gone through the home buying process to see if they can recommend someone
- RE/MAX agents that carry the ABR® designation (Accredited Buyer Representative) are skilled in understanding and responding to the specific needs of buyers. Consider looking for an agent with an ABR® designation before you look for a home and you’ll be served, not sold.
Leave A Comment